Here’s a little something about me.
A list of ten things I like to do, in no particular order:
- Write. That’s why I’m here on this page. I like to write stories, poems, songs; and random blog posts! Writing down characters, plots, and lyrics; that often weave their way through my brain, helps me focus my thoughts and make room for other things.
- Draw. I have been doing this for as long as I can remember. Holding a pencil in my hand feels as natural as breathing. I like drawing from my imagination — abstract ideas and cartoons; and I like drawing things that I see around me — people, landscapes, and still life.
- Paint. Watercolor is one of my favorite mediums. I find it relaxing and challenging at the same time. I was a color-inside-the-lines kind of kid, and painting with watercolors coaxes me outside of the box; and sort of forces me to go with the flow.
- Read. I can’t think of a genre I don’t like. I like both fiction and non-fiction — historical, fantasy, Christian romance, mystery and thriller, short stories; and poetry. I also like reading The Bible. I read nearly anytime and anywhere I can! I’m afraid I may never be able to express the endless happiness that reading gives me.
- Spend time with my family. I couldn’t ask for better people in my life. My family is so much fun! Whether we are on a Sunday drive, hiking, looking for adventure; or just hanging out, talking, laughing, and playing games — we enjoy each others company.
- Camp. This is another great family activity! We generally pitch tents and sleep on the ground in sleeping bags. We’ve camped in the summer heat and the frozen cold of a spring day that was still too close to winter’s breath. I like the great outdoors, camp fires and s’mores, lying under the stars at night; and soaking up every wonder of God’s creation.
- Sing. I like to sing, but I don’t like to perform. I like to sing spontaneously, around the house and in the car. I like the sound of blending my voice with my mom’s and dad’s, and/or sibling’s voices, whether we’re praising God; or goofing off with our favorite tunes.
As I read over this list, seeing my favorite likes in one place, I realize how thankful I am that God has allowed me to do so many things. My family has never had a lot of money, but clearly The Lord has blessed me abundantly.
I’d love to hear what you like to do. If you share your list in the comments below, I’ll be sure to read them! Thanks.
*Contents of this blog are copyrighted; they are the property of Knee Deep In Grace, and may not be used without permission.