For many, October 31st is known as “Reformation Day,” and Martin Luther, with his shaking of the church of his time, as the “Father of the Reformation.” The date acknowledges Luther’s nailing his ninety-five theses to a church door on October 31, 1517 in Wittenburg, Germany; and becoming a major catalyst in what we now historically call the Protestant Reformation.
We would do well to recall The Five Solas (Latin phrases) that emerged during the Reformation. These should essentially underlay Christianity:
- Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
- Sola Fide (“faith alone”): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Sola Gratia (“grace alone”): We are saved by the grace of God alone.
- Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
- Soli Deo Gloria (“to the glory of God alone”): We live for the glory of God alone.
Giving our children a firm foundation in their faith is vitally important. Danika Cooley has been lauded as “an engaging writer of children’s literature, she is a careful and winsome theologian.” I am excited to be reading her latest book, When Lightning Struck!: The Story of Martin Luther, and it will soon be available to you. (You can actually pre-order it now from Amazon at a sweet discount.) To celebrate Reformation Day and the release of When Lightning Struck!: The Story of Martin Luther, I’ve joined together with a team of blogger friends to host a fantastic giveaway, valued at over $500!
One person will win ALL of the following:
$100 Amazon Gift Card
Fire 7-inch Tablet, WiFi 8GB ($49.99)
When Lightning Struck!: The Story of Martin Luther (hardcover $16.99)
From WiseDecor.com, a $50 Gift Certificate
From Nuremberg Tourist Board, a Playmobil Martin Luther figure ($9.99)
From Thinking Kids Press, a curriculum bundle from When Lightning Struck! author, Danika Cooley:
- Cobblestone Path Church History Research Journal: The Reformation Age (digital $20)
- Bible Road Trip Year Three Curriculum and all 3 Notebooking Journals (digital $80)
From Fortress Press, a book bundle by author, Tim Dowley:
- Christian Music: A Global History ($35)
- Introduction to the History of Christianity: Second Edition ($55)
- The Student Bible Atlas: Revised Edition ($12.99)
- Atlas of the European Reformations ($24)
From Home School Adventure Co.:
- Philosophy Adventure: Pre-Socratics (digital $39.95)
- Mere Christianity Critical Analysis Journal (digital $18.95)
*To enter the giveaway, use the Rafflecopter below.
Terms and Conditions:
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Void where prohibited by law. Must be at least 18 years of age. This giveaway is in no away associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest. No purchase necessary for entry. Odds are determined by the number of entries. Selected winners will have 48 hours to respond to email notification to claim their prizes or another winner will be drawn. Entry into this giveaway will subscribe you to the Thinking Kids Press email list.
Leave a Reply